Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

For FREE Quote Call! 07828876141/

0121 246 0878

We are on call 365 Days a year covering Birmingham and surrounding areas with plumbers and gas engineers!




 1.     Do I need to get a safety check carried out on gas appliances         in my properties?

            Yes. It is a legal requirement for you to have an annual safety check on all gas             appliances and flues that you provide in a rental property. This must be carried out by a             Gas Safe registered engineer.

2.     How can I check a business is registered?

            You can check a business is registered by calling 0800 408 5500 or by checking online. If             checking online you will need to select CHECK A BUSINESS and enter the businesses             registration number.

            Alternatively to check whether a business is registered simply text Gas then the             business registration number to 85080. You will receive a text message advising if the             registration number is registered. Please note: Your provider may charge a standard             network charge to use this text service.
            Remember to also check your engineers Gas Safe ID card to make sure they are qualified             for the work you need doing.

3.     Can all gas engineers work on all types of gas appliances?

           No. Gas engineers will often have a range of qualifications that allow them to carry out            specific types of gas work. It’s important to check what work they are qualified to do                  before you use them. Engineers will have different qualifications including

    • Domestic and non-domestic   
    • LPG and natural gas                   
    • Different areas of gas work e.g. boilers, cookers, fire etc

          You can find out what an engineer is qualified to do using our check an engineer service           and by looking on the back of their Gas Safe ID card.

4.    How do I find a Gas Safe registered engineer? 

          You can find a Gas Safe registered engineer by calling 0800 408 5500 and speaking to an           adviser or by searching online


5.   Signs that your appliances need servicing?

        Gas appliances should be serviced regularly but if you notice any of the warning signs         below you should arrange for a Gas Safe registered engineer to service your appliance as         soon as possible:

  • Your gas appliance is not working properly
  • Your appliance is burning with a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue flame
  • You can see black marks or stains on or around  your gas appliances
  • The pilot light keeps going out
  • There is increased condensation in the room